Where are the classes held?
Rocky Mountain Development Council in the Neighborhood Center, at 200 South Cruse Avenue, between Park Avenue and Broadway Avenue, downtown Helena adjacent to the L&C Library and Park Avenue Building.
Money Happiness Class
Free Childcare is available each day.
Topics are part of a single class spread over two Saturdays.
- Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Credit: how to establish it, repair it, dig our selves out of having too much, and use it sensibly.
- Debt: how to change our habits from accumulating debt to savings for major purchase; how to "power pay" our way out of debt versus just paying the minimum amount due, and the value of doing so.
- The great services offered by Consumer Credit Counseling.
- The hazards of using pay-check loan and automobile title loan services, and how to wean ourselves away from having to do so to get by.
- Credit cards and the hidden risks involved with having them.
- Setting and achieving goals with our money.
- Preparing for retirement in our working years, including Social Security benefits, and our own efforts to make this a fun part of our lives.
- Pros and cons of bankruptcy.
- Discussions and tools to figure out where our pocket changes goes every week, and how we can use this "little" money to fund our debt reduction, goals, retirement, investing, etc.
- Life after debt: the options it presents once we’re out from under the load and pressure of paying off a debt.
- Living below our means so we can have the options we choose with our money, versus having all our income obligated to some debt or daily living expenses.
- Involve children in budgeting and money management, and ideas on how to teach them money skills they’ll use their entire lives.
- Preparing for Christmas in a responsible way
- Introduction to the various places we can save our money: savings accounts, money markets, certificates of deposits and direct purchase stock programs
- 100 ways to pinch pennies and buy frugally